Super crispy and perfectly seasoned Sweet Potato Fries made in the air fryer! You only need 6 pantry ingredients to make this mouthwatering snack or side dish that your whole family will love!! Pair them with this Chipotle Mayo Dip for a tasty snack!
Sweet potato fries are a nutritious, healthy, vegan, gluten-free, and a kid-friendly snack or appetizer. They are so easy to make, require very little effort and are ready in just a few minutes.
- Are sweet potato fries healthier than regular fries?
- Can sweet potatoes help you lose weight?
- Why you’ll love this easy air fryer sweet potato fries recipe
- Ingredients for healthy air fryer sweet potato fries
- How to make sweet potato fries in the air fryer
- Can I make sweet potato fries ahead of time?
- Other recipes to try
- Air Fryer Poached Eggs for Eggs Benedict
- Crispy Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
- Recommended Products
- Nutrition Information:
Are sweet potato fries healthier than regular fries?
Sweet potatoes are jammed packed with extra nutrients and benefits that regular potatoes don’t have. Plus, these sweet potato fries are air fried instead of deep fried so you get a healthier and very tasty batch of fries with less fat.
Can sweet potatoes help you lose weight?
Sweet Potatoes are considered a low-glycaemic food that do not cause an instant spike in blood sugar levels, further helping maintain weight efficiently. An unstable blood glucose level can cause conditions like obesity and diabetes. The high water content in sweet potatoes makes them great for weight loss.
Why you’ll love this easy air fryer sweet potato fries recipe
Homemade sweet potato fries are delicious! They are crispy outside and tender on the inside. They are also much healthier than making standard french fries, since sweet potatoes have more fiber and more vitamin A and C. Kids love them and the high heat of the air fryer means you can cook these sweet potato fries without the mess, hassle and calories of deep frying. Deep fried sweet potato fries absorb a lot of oil, so they will have a lot more fat and calories than these air fryer ones. So you sacrifice a small amount of taste for a huge health benefit.
Ingredients for healthy air fryer sweet potato fries
Besides the fact that Sweet Potato fries are healthy and easy to make, what I really like about this recipe is that there are only 6 simple pantry ingredients required to make them. You will need:
- Sweet Potatoes
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Smoked Paprika
- Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper
How to make sweet potato fries in the air fryer
Making Sweet Potato Fries are as easy as 1-2-3!!!
- Slice the Sweet Potato Fries – I use my to slice my sweet potatoes into fries. Some people peel their sweet potatoes, but I do not because of the health benefits from the potato skin.
- Season the sweet potato slices – mix olive oil, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper together in a small jar, then pour over sweet potatoes in a mixing bowl and gently toss to season the fries.
- Spread seasoned sweet potato in a air fryer tray and fry in the air fryer – Preheat your air fryer to 400F, spread 1/2 the sliced sweet potatoes into a single layer, then cook in the air fryer at 400F for 8 mins, flippping the fries halfway through the cooking time.
Can I make sweet potato fries ahead of time?
Sweet potato fries are a perfect snack to prepare well ahead of time. I like to cut up my potatoes and store them in a ziploc bag in the fridge until I need them. This way, all I have to do is season, air fry, and serve the fries an out-of-the-box after school snack or a fun late night treat in no time! Pair them with this Chipotle Mayo Dip for a tasty snack!
Other recipes to try
- 2 Sweet Potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Cut the two sweet potatoes into even 1/4 inch thick fries (I use a )
- Mix 2 Tbsp Olive Oil, 1/4 tsp each of garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper.
- Toss the diced Sweet Potatoes to evenly coat.
- Preheat Air Fryer to 400F
- Cook in batches (one layer, and don't crowd the basket) for 8 minutes, flipping the fries half way through the cooking time.
- Serve with Chipotle May and enjoy!
Sweet potato fries are a perfect snack to prepare well ahead of time. I like to cut up my potatoes and store them in a ziploc bag in the fridge until I need them. This way, all I have to do is season, air fry, and serve the fries an out-of-the-box after school snack or a fun late night treat in no time!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 112Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 153mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g